Are you a sweet or a savory snacker? Well, I definitely prefer my savory snacks especially if it has something to do with cheese (yeah, that's right, we have not talked enough about cheese on my blog)
Have been trying to nail these cookies for some time now and finally success.
2 cups white flour
2 cups cheese (any of your choice)
200 grams of butter (yeah I know, bye bye abs). Let it harden for an hour or so in the freezer.
1.5 tsp salt
1.5 tsp chilly powder
3 tsp paprika
3tbsp cold water
1) Mix the flour with spices. The quantities I gave you are to my taste. If you like them to be hotter then add more. It's all up to you.
2) Grate the butter and mix it into the flour with your hands. You should get something like in the picture.
3) Grate the cheese and also combine it with the flour.
4) Add an egg and while mixing in add 1 tbsp at a time of water. If you need more, add more. If you need less, the same goes here. Do not mix the dough too much. Form a tight sphere and put it in the fridge for an hour.
5) Preheat the oven to 200C.
6) Roll out the dough as thick or thin you would like, but keep in mind that the cookies will not expand.
7) Bake them on a parchment paper for 20 min (keep an eye on them as different ovens give different results).
8) Take them out, let them cool and eat.
This was something fantastic.
2018 - updates on these babies. So I finally have an electric oven (hallelujah!). I made these cookies again on 200C with fan and by 15 min they have gotten done. This is why I always tell you to keep an eye. Different ovens, different countries!