So I finally discovered the secret of fluffy cupcakes and unfortunately it is loads of butter (have to experiment on that more). Well but never the less these cupcakes turned out sooo delicious that nobody even cared how loaded with fat they were. Just make a small batch and for your cheat, day and your waistline would not change an inch)).
Let's bake those cheese cupcakes. I ended up with 12 of them.
- Cheese of your choice - 250-300 gr
- Butter - 250 gr (it has to be softened beforehand)
- Eggs - 5 (take them out of the fridge 1h before cooking or you would have a hard time mixing it smooth with the butter)
- White flour - 1.5 cup*
- Sugar - 1tbsp
- Salt - 1tsp
- Cayenne pepper - to taste
- Dried basil - to taste
- Baking soda - 1tsp
- Vinegar - 1tbsp
1) Preheat the oven to 180C.
2) Mix the softened butter with the eggs until smooth. I added cold eggs and could not smooth the consistency.
3) Mix in the sugar and salt.
4) Mix in the flower. * The flower is different from a country to another so keep an eye on it. If you need more or less then do not hesitate to do it.
5) Mix in the cheese and the baking soda with vinegar, pepper and basil (leave some to 'decorate'). Ad this point do not mix intensively.
6) Fill up the muffin tins and sprinkle the left Basil on top.
7) Bake for 20-30 min, depending on the tin size.
The end result will amaze you. I would advise you to take a very rich in taste cheese but take whatever you like the most. I can not express enough how delicious these cheese cupcakes turned out. If you try to recreate them tag me on Instagram @iamannastone.