It's autumn already. Time passed so fast, in a blink of an eye. And it's unusually cold for this time of the month that you just want to cuddle in a blanket with something warm. Today it will not be a pumpkin soup. For me, that's a big no-no. I tried my best to like it but it's just not my thing.
Ok so let's move on to the creamy, mushroomy and very warming soup. The most beautiful about it - it's low cal!
The soup was a total eyeballed so +/- will not really matter
- Mushrooms - 400g
- Potatoes - 3 medium
- Carrots - 1 medium
- Onions - 1 medium
- Favorite herbs - as much as you like
- Salt/pepper/cayenne pepper - as much as you like
- Cream cheese - 150g (try to find a low cal one)
- Water - 2l
1) It a non-stick pan with no oil (or with 1tbsp of oil in a pan you have) fry the chopped onion and shredded carrots for 5 min.
2) Chop and add the mushrooms and cook them until soft. Add the condiments and dry herbs if you chose any. I usually add only dried basil.
3) Boil the water. Peel the potatoes and chop them into cubes. Drop the potatoes in boiling water for 5 min or until soft.
4) Add the cooked mixture and your cream cheese. Mix until it dissolves.
5) Add some fresh herbs and serve.
You can serve the mushroom soup with some garlic croutons for an extra taste.