Hi, my friends. Today I’m gonna share with you a mushroom heaven - mushroom tart. I made this tart for my fam today and my man told me that the local coffee shop has no idea how to bake tarts (he always knows how to compliment my food). Even my mother was impressed (now that does not happen often).
Prepare yourself - this tart is definitely restaurant worthy and a perfect addition to your cheat day if you ask me.
Would like to admit from the beginning that it is also time-consuming.
- All-purpose flour - 3cups
- Butter - 100g
- Eggs - 1
- Cold water - 5/6 tbsp
- Salt - 1 Tsp
- Mushrooms - 1kg
- Onion - 1 big
- Salt - to taste
- Pepper - to taste
- Cheese - 100g (or to taste - usually for me you can never have too much cheese)
- Eggs - 3
- Milk - 200ml
1) Make the dough. Combine the flour with grated butter (you can also cut it into cubes instead but I find it easier with grated). I put my butter for an hour or so in the freezer so it could be easier to grate it. Coming them with your hands and you will get a sandy consistency as in the picture.
2) Add the egg and water and mix it with hands also (my tips: the flour is different from country to country so add a tablespoon at a time so you can handle the consistency. And another tip is to take your diamonds off your hands or you’ll spend another 20 min scrubbing the egg from it - all comes with experience). Your dough will look something like this.
From here you can go two ways either put it in the fridge or spread it in your baking dish and also put it in the fridge. I chose the first one. Live the dough for at least an hour in the fridge (you definitely can do it the day before and leave it overnight).
3) For the mushroom filling - chop and fry the onion until translucent, chop and add the mushrooms.
Fry it all until all the water from your mushrooms evaporates. Add salt and pepper.
4) Mix your eggs with milk and leave everything aside.
5) Preheat your oven to 200C.
6) Roll out the dough. Spread some oil on your baking dish, spread the dough and poke it with a fork (like in the picture)
7) Add mushrooms and pour in the egg mixture
8) Bake for 30min
9) Grate the cheese take out your tart, cover with cheese and bake for another 15min
Take your tart out and let it cool for 10-15 min (I know the struggle is real. I didn’t wait - that is not my style. So now I cannot talk because I burned myself. Life is too short to wait for a tart to cool)
Enjoy my friends and do not think about your calories or macros - you can count them the whole coming week.