Since we are on vacation I decided to satisfy my husband's huge sweet tooth and bake some non-healthy cupcakes. You can do that once in a while, right? They turned out to be really good actually, so I decided to be nice and share the recipe with you guys.
- All purpose flour - 400g
- Baked milk - 500ml (you can use buttermilk or regular milk or even yogurt - not big of a difference)
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Nesquik - 6tsp (Better to use cocoa powder but I didn't have any and all the shops around me were out of it)
- Sugar - 5tbsp
- Eggs - 2
- Salt - 1tsp
- Baking soda - 1tsp
- Oil - 150ml (you can use melted butter in the same amount)
- Nutella - I had a 400g jar and didn't use all of it
1) Sift the flour so it gets full of oxygen
2) Combine all the dry ingredients except the sugar
3) Beat the eggs with sugar and oil add your baked milk (or whatever you decided to use) and water and beat again until fluffy
4) Combine the wet ingredients with the dry once. I usually use a spoon because I can easily over beat the mixture. But you do you.
5) Take your muffin tins and fill them up halfway, add a teaspoon of Nutella to each section (depending on the size of your sections - mine are quite big) and cover with some more batter.
6) Bake 20min at 180C
7) Let them cool a bit and enjoy.
I usually do not make frosting for cupcakes if they are not for an event but if you like your frosting then I suggest taking a large jar of Nutella and use it as frosting with the frosting bag.