A bit of late on this, but I have a good reason for it. Don't you worry, it's easy as a piece of cake. We do not celebrate Christmas in December but the New Year coming definitely brought me into a festive DIY spirit.
You will need:
- a thick wire. Thick enough to hold the form of a circle.
- florist wire
- pine cones (you can buy them or pick in a park or woods)
- hot glue gun and glue
- random decorations of choice (I had some berries and bows)
- a ribbon
- white nail polish or paint
1) Form a circle with the thick wire. If you have where to hang it leave some wire loose to form a hook.
2) Wrap the pine cones with florist wire at their 'waist' and wrap the ends around your formed circle. Do this step until you cover the whole wire.
3) Hot glue the remained pine cones to cover the bits of peeping through the wire.
4) Cover lightly the tips of your pine cones with the nail polish or paint.
5) Hot glue the rest of your decorations in random places and put a big bow on top.
And you are done! Easy, I told you. My pinecones were picked in the park so I had to use some insecticide on them, but my friend suggested me soaking them in salted water next time for a less toxic approach. I am going to put some candles in the middle and decorate my table, or leave this beautiful creature)).